Wow... Today I went to the hospital for hopefully my last pre-assessment ever! I am getting closer. Tomorrow is my last clinical. I am currently in the ICU. I have mixed feelings about this area. I love the knowledge required to care for these patients. I use the lab values and pathophysiology so that I can take care of sick sick sick patients. They have tubes all over the place, pumping things in or suctioning things out. I have had younger patients who've had accidents and older patients with infx and pneumonia. Life can change so quickly. The thing I don't like about the ICU is that most of these patients are sedated and on a ventilator. One of the reasons I love nursing is that I get to interact with my patient, but that isn't really the case with ICU. I am hoping to do a step-down unit for my capstone next semester. Today I have my last lab and then a couple more tests and I will be done! I have just been trying to make it through April. It's almost here :-)
Mike is really excited because he has a direction for his schooling. He is picking a major! (applaud and cheer) He has a passion for trees. Well really it is for landscape design. He is going to do an integrative major combining business and environmental science. Then he will apply to a MBA/ MLA (masters of landscape architect) program. I'm excited to see Mike so excited.

I am officially a nurse. I got my LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license in the mail. It is cool to think that I can actually legally perform nursing care. I don't know yet what I'll do with it because I really enjoy my work at the hospital now, but I don't do nursing work there.
In celebration of the warm weather we had a picnic in the park. Sarah came and joined us which made things so fun. I sometimes feel that since I got married my other friends forgot I exist. Once the sun went down, it did get really cold though.

No comments:
Post a Comment