This summer was quite crazy with Mike and I both going to school and working. Our schedules were far from ideal. What kept me hanging on was our planned trip to Montana. It ended up being a perfect trip. We stayed for the first few days with my aunt and uncle in Eureka, only a few miles from the Canadian border. The area was so pretty, and I loved that Mike was able to get to know them better. This is probably done best with a picture look.

After a long drive, we were excited to get to Eureka and see the Peterson family. We roasted hot dogs and had s'mores on a killer fire.

The half mile bridge spanning Lake Koocanusa. The lake is 100 miles long and only 1/2 mile wide.

It was fun to see all the farm animals that my cousin's had. Doesn't Mike look at home with a tractor?

We took a short hike to a gorgeous waterfall called Sunday Falls.

We went to Dickey Lake. It is the most clear and blue lake I have ever been too. We had fun with a rope swing.

I can't get enough of that lake.

Our first hike in Glacier National Park, through a cool forest (apparently Mike's new favorite forest, I personally don't think I've ever though of having a favorite forest), it ended at Avalanche lake.

Avalanche Gorge, notice Mike carrying the Bear spray?

My favorite hike was the Highline trail to the Loop. Great views the entire time.

We took a detour from the Highline trail to Grinnell Glacier Overlook. It was steepest and hardest part of the hike, but the view was definitely worth it.

Towards the end of our hike to Piegan Pass. Great spot were we stopped for for lunch and enjoyed a great view.

My favorite waterfall in the park, Virginia falls. I loved this one and there was no one else there with us, which was nice.

This has to be one of the most beautiful places on this earth. This was a perfect trip for Mike and I and we are already really excited to go back someday. I loved all the wildflowers that were everywhere, especially in the meadows at Preston Park.
2 comments:
that's my home! that's my home! and that's my sister and my lake! oh how i love them all dearly.
looks like a total blast! I REALLY want to go there someday. It's absolutely beautiful! Glad to see you guys are doing well. i would say we should get together, but I KNOW that won't happen with school and how busy our semesters are! :) Good luck with everything :)
Post a Comment