Saturday, April 21, 2012

Racing

Today Mike and I ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon. Mike has expressed to me in the past that he never intended to run a race, but he eventually agreed to run this with me a few months ago. Training has been rough. With busy schedules it has been far from ideal, so I was even more proud of Mike for sticking it out with me. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! The run went pretty well and I have a new PR of 2:18!

Strong Man Michael
My amazing and supportive parents!
The other "race" we participated in lately was the "Relay for Life." I have been on a team in the past when I worked on the oncology floor at UVRMC and I really enjoyed the experience. It was the summer Mike and I started dating and I could have never imagine in my wildest dreams that a few years down the road we would be attending the "Survivors Dinner" and I would be participating in the Survivors Lap with him as his caregiver. When we started the lap and everyone was cheering it was overwhelming and emotional. I am so grateful that we made it through that trial together and that Mike is healthy today. I never want to take anything for granted, especially health!

The other exciting news is that I have gone to the day shift! Yay! This means that I go to be at night and get up in the morning (If you can count 3:55 AM as morning :P) It has been a lot of fun seeing Mike every night, even though it is usually just for a quick bite before he goes back to school. As we are approaching the end of another semester Mike is once again crazy busy. He practically lives in his studio on campus and frequently pulls all nighters.

Since Mike has been busy with school, I have been working extra shifts at work. We are so excited for a break and have been keeping a countdown until we leave for Thailand! Just 11 days!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ha! I remembered what I was going to ask you about - your cute new headband! I haven't seen that one--and it makes you look far too coordinated and cute to be finishing a half. Love the pics!