Friday, March 8, 2013

1 month

first month.
I knew it would feel like this. That although the weeks leading up to Daniel's birth dragged on, that now days fly by. I love this little man. Let me tell you a little bit about him.


Daniel spent the first few days of his life without really crying. Hallelujah I thought! I have the most content baby in the world. Daniel quickly learned he could have preferences and he could make them known- he found his voice. It started with screams of terror when the cold wet wipes would touch his teeny bum. So I bought a wipe warmer. He has me wrapped around his finger.

I had heard that white noise could be effective in calming a baby. I found an amazing app on my phone, and BAM- he was hooked. He would go from crying to sleeping in seconds. It was magical. I decided to very things up and started playing primary songs from a different app. I never thought it would be possible for an infant to respond so positively to music. To say he loves it is an understatement. Now that he knows he can have music with people singing, his response to the white noise isn't as effective. Daniel will calm down with the primary songs and just stare and listen intently. I am trying to broaden his love of music with Pandora and Spotify, but those blasted ads can make my calm happy baby upset. We listen to the primary songs daily and nightly- so much that they are frequently in my dreams. In my dream last night I was with my friends, and Becca was trying to impress a guy and was embarrassed because on our hike I kept playing primary music. I would try to turn it off and then it would come back on.

Daniel loves his baths. He loves stroller rides and I have loved having a stroller that will plow through the snow, a necessity for life in Logan. Mike frequently has the car during the day so we walk to a lot of the stores close by to look and shop. Daniel usually likes the car- if it is moving. I was picking up Mike the other day from school and I could park and wait for him for about 2 minutes before Daniel would start to cry. I would drive around and he would stop crying until I parked again. Repeat.

Daniel loves to be on his stomach and in my moby wrap. The wrap has been worth its wait in gold- as it is the only way I get anything accomplished during the day. Dan wants to be part of the action and loves staring at me from inside the wrap, then snuggling against me and taking a nap.

He is growing so fast! He arrived here with lots of dark fur on his back and shoulders, that is all gone now. He does still have the dark hair on the back of his ears :) He has developed adorable chubby wrinkles. My favorite being the mid forearm wrinkle- I just don't understand why a wrinkle would be there! He has started to smile back at me. He has had the biggest smiles since he was 3 days old- except they are when he is asleep. He is a dreamer like his Mama. I love his cute personality. He has been such an alert baby- taking it all in!


A crazy and sometimes predictable dreamer...


 How can that not melt your heart?

 Meeting his GREAT GREAT Grandpa for the first time!

 We don't have a porta-crib. We use a laundry basket.

 Or my play crib...

Goofball.
Fuzz head.

When Grandpa gives him a stroller ride.


 Super Dad.

And would you believe it if I told you that he has only gone #2 in his potty for the past 2 weeks! Not even joking. But really that subject is deserving of its own post. Until then I will just leave you with this picture :)

No comments: