Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Apartment


I have decided that if I have a blog, I might as well update it sometime, right? Well we are now happily married and have just started a new semester.  Before everything gets too crazy I wanted to be able to get organized in our apartment.  My wonderful Mom came and helped me put everything together because she is amazing and very artistic. It feel so much nicer to be able to come home to something that feels like a home. Our schedules are kind of crazy and so we don't spend much time at our place, put the time we do spend here feels great.  It is a small one bedroom apartment close to my work at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and BYU campus. Mike works in Orem at UCCU and goes to school at UVU, so he gets to commute. 
We were so grateful for all the great stuff we got from people to start our home. My great-grandparents gave us an great table and chairs and chair.  

My mom helped me repaint a shelf I had in my room and a lamp table to match. We got a great mirror for Christmas and invested in a bookshelf from IKEA. At my bridal shower from my ward I got a sign that says "Gottfredson Family- Established 2008" I love it.  I love being part of the Gottfredson family. I think one of the best parts of our new place is our great curtains and pillows that bring the whole room together.  My mom claims we should be on the show "decorating on a dime".  I'm determined to add pictures to see, but I am a novice blogger so I can't promise anything. 
Today was great because Mikes family
 got to come and see our place.  I realized when our 18 month nephew had scissors that our place is not childproof.  But then again it was 16 year old Jason playing in the curtains and under the bed :-)

2 comments:

steele life said...

wow! hey, i didnt know you had a blog. you never told me. I am so glad I found it! Your house looks sooo good. I need to have your mom come decorate my house! I have absolutely NO decorating abilities!

Brandon and Laura said...

Oh my so cute! You are a good little decorator...I'm taking notes