Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And the beat goes on...

I am so surprised that I make it through every week. I remember when it used to feel like I could accomplish just about everything in a day if I could just focus.  I've since learned that there are not enough hours in the day.  Too often I feel so overwhelmed with all that is expected from me at school, work, and life.  Yet, I am so grateful for everything I have in my life.  I have such a wonderful husband who is always making me feel so loved and empowered.  One day at a time.  I get so excited to get to see him at the end of such long days. Mike is so great at helping me relax, and I always have such a good time with him. I am so glad that I LIKE him as much as I LOVE him.  He lets me be my crazy self and he can be just as crazy. Here is my cute pink flower he had one got for me the other day when I came home- no reason. He is just cute like that :-)

I have discovered the best kept secret on campus.  A class where you get credit for just having fun.  It is called Intro to Outdoor Recreation, and one of the only classes that actually fits with my crazy nursing schedule. I have loved having the chance to get away from my studies etc. and feel justified in doing things I love.  I LOVE being outdoors.  I LOVE the mountains and I LOVE the snow when I actually get the chance to get out and be in it.  This last week we went cross country skiing for the first time.  I had never been before. I decided it is kinda like down hill skiing but it is a lot more work, and you don't have control.  I never though I would be so scared going down inclines that wouldn't even be steep enough for a bunny hill.  I get the chance to
 go again next week, so maybe I will learn to maneuver a little better.  This picture is from the week before when we went snowshoeing. Aren't the mountains gorgeous in the winter?

No comments: