Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pioneer Weekend

I was so excited for the Pioneer weekend. It was finally a break! Life has been so crazy. Between my schedule and Mikes we usually only spend one or two nights a week together, and it is usually doing homework. Well the Clarke Reunion started on Wed, but we weren't able to leave until Friday morning. It was so much fun to spend some time with family. I love being apart of the Clarke family. We were able to go biking, and swim in the lake. We played games and ate great food.
My adorable nephew :-)
After I woke up on Saturday I discovered I had slept on a dead mouse. Pleasant huh? The mouse was under the cushions on the couch I slept on in the cabin. The reunion was at Six Lakes in Altamount. It was so much fun to reflect back on last year. I had not been dating Mike for very long when I went to the reunion. I was nervous to meet all of his family at once, but I fell in love with them. I remember his Grandma Clarke made a comment I overheard along the lines of "first they fall in love with the family, then we know we have caught them." Very true, it has been so fun being a Gottfredson.
Last Year


This year!
Saturday after we left we drove through Main Canyon, which took us to Wallsburg. Mike and his brother John talk about moving there one day, so I thought I should have a look at this "glorious place." We stopped for lunch at Dairy Keene, after last year we figured we could make it a tradition.
Saturday night was the DEMOLITION DERBY.
I LOVE it. If you don't know what one is, it is a bunch of beat up cars crashing into each other. When I explained it to Mike he thought it sounded pretty white-trash. I have gone summers since elementary school. Talk about wholesome entertainment. I loved watching Mike's face, it reminded me of a little kid, "look mikey, cars, and trucks!" It was pretty long because two drivers were taken to the hospital, one had to be taken from the car with the jaws of life. Cars flip, dirt flies, and fires start. A blast.

1 comment:

Bliss said...

So I totally hear ya about not seeing your husband when school is in and with all these busy schedules. I keep telling myself that this time will pass! It totally makes you cherish the time that you DO get together :) Yay for being poor busy and tired newlyweds :) Hang it there! We should do a cousins married party/date sometime soon