Monday, June 22, 2009

Running....

So I never thought I could enjoy running. Can anything be more boring? Well I decided that I needed to stop being a hypocrite and start practicing what I preach. In nursing school I am always telling people how important it is to take care of themselves and yet felt too busy to do it myself. Since getting married and not being able to go to the climbing gym, I decided that I could run and then I'd be in better fit to climb later on. 
Well it has been one month and I have logged miles and miles.  I ran my first race ever a week ago this past Saturday. It was the Provo River Trail Run. 10 MILES.  I couldn't get anyone to run with me, so I ran by myself.  I was so happy that my mom came to see me at the finish line.  By the end of the race I was very ready to be done. There was no mile marker 9, and so I was just thinking that I was on mile 8 for forever, until I saw I was coming up on the finish. Since I am running a lot more, I have felt so much better. I love the endorphins and the fact that I am losing weight and become more healthy. I also love that it is cheap. No gym or crazy equipment required. Mike and I decided it was worth an investment in a good pair of running shoes, to prevent injuries etc. So here they are:

1 comment:

Laura said...

oh awesome! I have those same shoes in a brighter pink. They feel so good on your feet--it actually makes me want to go run lol!