Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A great month


I realized it has been awhile since I have taken the time to add an update. October was a GREAT month, but very busy. I love fall, and October is the best month of fall (I might be a little bias). I love pumpkin and Mike and I took every chance we could get to try out anything pumpkin flavored.
At the beginning of October I got to go with some of my nursing buds to the Senior Games in St. George. It was a lot of fun. I am minoring in Gerontology and I am so used to sick old people, so it was great to talk with some very fit 85 year olds. We spent the day helping out with health assessments for the athletes. We were only there for one night but as you can see, we had a blast.
I had a wonderful birthday celebration. Mike made me an amazing breakfast and took the day off of work so that we could spend it together. It was perfect.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing and sweet husband. We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then to Cornbelly's corn maze with Sarah and Corey after. It was frigid, but a lot of fun! I have to admit we cheated in the maze, but not on purpose. Some how we went in phase one and got into phase 2. oh well.
Halloween was great. I love Halloween. We had a small party celebration with friends at my parents house. It was a lot of fun because my friend from D.C flew in for the weekend and showed up to surprise me with her fiance. It made me so happy to all be together. Mike was a hippie of sorts, and I was determined to used my nude-it-tard. (A full length nude leotard I had to use for some costumes in high school), so I was a baby. We played games, ate fun food, and watched "arsenic and old lace."
This month we also had the chance to spend a weekend at my grandparents cabin. I have so many wonderful memories of going there, and it was great to spend a weekend without working or doing clinicals at the hospital with my family. It was absolutely beautiful up there!
I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am almost done with my capstone (like an internship) on the intermediate care unit at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. I have learned so much and I 'm getting really excited to be done and by an independent nurse. We are getting ready to move up to Logan next month. We found a cute townhome. It will be great because it is twice the size of our tiny place now, for less money :) The move will be spread out as I will not be up there with Mike full time. I need to keep my job (job = income) so I will be staying down with my parents for a couple day to get some shifts in (one of the few times 16 hr shifts are nice). It'll be hard, but you do what you have to do! Mike is loving his classes, and it is so great to see him having such a passion for what he is learning. He has been taking some extension classes from Utah State up in Salt Lake city for landscaping.

1 comment:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

um...hello ;) it's your cousin alli! i didn't know you were bloggers...saw your link on lauras! send me your email and i'll send you an invite to ours! can't wait for you guys to be in logan!