Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Whirlwind

Wow, this last month has felt like a whirlwind. Things have been crazy- but when are they not? I finished my capstone hours and internship with Utah Department of Health right before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was wonderful! We got to stay up in Midway and spend time with my family, and we spent Thanksgiving day at the Gottfredsons. Of course the big game was amazing, as I get to enjoy another year of bragging rights to my parents and brothers who are all U fans.

Last week I worked a lot (72hours :( ugh..) and finished up all my school assignments. I was even able to finish my last college final EVER! I think I would have been more thrilled if I didn't feel like there was still so much to do. We are moving all of our stuff out of our apartment this week up to our place in Logan. I decided moving is a pain. Moving was so much easier when I didn't have to worry about furniture and so much stuff!

Mike has been working on his portfolio for school. He is always talking about how much he loves what he is doing. Good sign :) I have been working mostly PM shifts and so he leaves and gets home about a half an hour after I leave. I realized that the last time we were both home at our apartment for dinner was Nov. 19!! While a lot of this has been due to work, we have also had other stuff going on with family, holidays, anniversary etc. But, with my work schedule and holidays coming up, we wouldn't be able to have dinner together at our apartment until Dec. 19 the day that we have to turn in our keys. It is probably a good thing I didn't know back on Nov. 19 that it would be our last dinner together in our apartment, that would have seemed so crazy. Mike has been very sweet and visiting me for my dinner break at work. We eat whatever he can come up with out in his car in the parking lot :)

We have been so blessed. I have been thinking back on all that I have done over the past few years and I know that there is no way that I could have made it through any of it without the Lord's help. I am so used to overpacking my schedule that it will be a big change to have just a full time job. I'm loving the holiday cheer and I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life.

No comments: