Saturday, April 3, 2010

HAPPYness :)

I can’t believe how fast time has gone since I last posted. I’m blaming my lack of posting on not having internet set up at our home in Logan. So here is an update on our life as of late. I started the nurse residency program at Logan Regional Hospital on Feb. 1, and I “graduated” yesterday. I was in the program with three other girls and we were the guinea pigs for the hospital’s first program. It was fun having other new nurses to be with, it helped me fill the void of all my great nursing buddies at BYU. Unlike other programs we rotated throughout the entire hospital, but usually just for a shift or two. It was great to have the opportunity to try out different places with the confidence of being a “real” licensed nurse. Unlike nursing school, I found myself even enjoying the OR. We would have didactic every Friday and I loved a lot of the topics that we got to learn about. We were hired on with the hopes that we would have a job lined up well before the end of the program. So we waited… and waited… In the meantime I was offered a RN job at the state hospital. I took it because it is only part time and I didn’t have anything else yet. Well finally last week they were able to open up two positions in the float pool, and I found out yesterday that I got the job :) :)It is going to be a great learning opportunity for me as a new nurse. I will start off floating to medical, surgical, rehab and psych, and then can orient to the ICU, NICU, and peds after I feel more comfortable. Being able to float all over is a benefit of working at a smaller hospital I guess. I plan to stay on at the state hospital because it is flexible and the more money we can save now, the better!
Visting Grandma in Palm Desert
Mike is still loving school. He moved up here and stopped shaving. It lasted about a month, before he let it go. He is working at a Thai restaurant as a waiter and liking it. I am adjusting to Logan. I have LOVED having Mike's brother and his wife close by. The ward has been great. I was only here a couple of weeks before getting a calling in the Relief Society and I am already meeting a bunch of great people. I have to admit one of the hardest things about Logan has been the inversion. I was told it would be cold, but no one mentioned the air quality can be some of the worst in the nation! I have loved having a bigger home. We are in a town home and finally have more space for storage. We even own a washer and dryer now! If anyone is ever up for a visit to Logan we’d love to have guests!

A highlight of the past few months was our Spring Break. We were able to go and enjoy some warm sunny California weather. We first visited my Grandma in Palm Desert before heading to Laguna Niguel and staying with my Aunt and Uncle. Our schedule was pretty packed with Universal Studios, Thai town in Hollywood, Disneyland, a movie and day at the beach, and we ended by camping at the beach. Mike and I are already ready to plan our next adventure.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on your job!! Good to see your smiling face in some pictures :) Happy Easter

Maija said...

Hey beautiful lady. I miss your face. Congrats on the new job!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I bet you're doing great in your new job!

Jennifer said...

what a fun trip!!

Regina Lara said...

OH dora!!! remember? Hehehe