Wow, I can't believe summer has already come and gone. I have failed at blogging. This summer was crazy, but also a lot of fun. We were constantly going back and forth between Alpine and Logan because Mike was working/interning in Alpine and I work in Logan and occasionally Provo. We have put so many miles on our trusty Honda. We are at 205,000 miles and still going strong! I had been waiting to post until I could upload pictures, but lost my camera for a number of weeks :( Anyways, here is our summer in a nutshell: (Okay so I shoud have turned this picture... but you get the idea. Jen and I "practicing" before we got out on the river)
We had a fun 4th. We went down to watch the fireworks outside of Stadium of Fire. In July we also began taking full advantage of our health insurance. Mike had a "lump" that had appeared in May. Well by July it hadn't changed and so Mike ended up having some ultrasounds and a biopsy to see if it was a tumor. We were so relieved to find out it was just a lump. Benign lymphnode hyperplasia. There is a chance it might just disappear...
Also in July we had our annual Clarke family reunion. I can't believe this was my 3rd year going. Two years ago Mike and I had just started dating when I went with him and that pretty much sealed the deal :)
At the very end of July we left for a family reunion to Montana. Last year that was our big summer trip, and it was so fun to go back with all of my family. It is so beautiful there. And I adore my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc. We spent time at the lake, Glacier Park, hiked to waterfalls, and had great nights around a campfire.
(Since my camera was MIA during our MT trip, this is a pic from my phone. My Dad and I took a 14 mile bike ride up to a lake)The week before school started I was able to go to Park City for a girls retreat. I started going annually with my best friend Becca in 7th grade. I have only missed going twice since then, when she was in China and Washington D.C. Things have changed a bit since then, we used to look forward to the trip as a chance to meet our "hotties", now we are leaving our "hotties" home so we can have some quality girl time. The trip isn't complete without a trip to the outlets!
The summer was amazing, but I was looking forward to "going back to school" because it meant some sort of normal schedule where Mike and I both lived in Logan together :)

1 comment:
Was 666 really your number for a race? That is insane... did you know at UVRMC there is no room 666 or 13...
Post a Comment