Today is my last day at the working at the state hospital. I have been there a year and a half. It has been nice to have the job as a constant in the past year of big changes. The skills I learned there will be applicable in all other areas of nursing, and my life. It has been a good experience, and I’ve liked the additional income, but I am really excited to not have to drive 115 miles each way to work- especially with a million different construction projects going on between Logan and Provo. Yuck.
I can now live in my 3 mile radius in Logan.
Within about three miles I have all that I could need:
I can now live in my 3 mile radius in Logan.
Within about three miles I have all that I could need:
work, mike’s school, church, library, temple, movie theater, dentist, doctor, craft store, mall, gym, swimming pool, wal-mart, cafĂ©-rio, olive garden, gas station, climbing gym, jiffy lube…
am I missing anything? Oh yes- family and friends.
Hopefully it will mean a lot less gas and driving, especially that bad weather is inevitable.
am I missing anything? Oh yes- family and friends.
Hopefully it will mean a lot less gas and driving, especially that bad weather is inevitable.

I also have a new job J My “dream job” at Logan Regional- ICU nurse. I am excited that I was able to get on there so soon. I figured it might be awhile before they had openings and they were willing to hire someone with little experience. The ICU will be more home department, but I will only be there part-time or two- 12s a week. I will still be floating one day a week. I think this is the perfect set-up because I still get a change a of pace that comes from the other units I float to, but I also got to be a “2nd” and eventually a “1st” nurse in the ICU. I will have to explain more about our ICU later.
We are so blessed. Everything has fallen into place. I LOVE being a nurse, but I am amazed at how exhausting it can be. I was used to 12 hours shifts, and even night shifts as a patient care tech. That work was very physically exhausting. Working as a RN is physically and mentally exhausting. I can see how people could burn out if they aren’t careful. I am learning to decompress and unwind a little bit when I come home in the morning before I go to bed. Otherwise I have dreams of my patients and doctors and meds and chaos and I wake up feeling like I never left work. It makes it hard to go back to work when you feel like you have never really left!
2 comments:
So happy for you and your dream job! ICU is the best-- I'm not biased or anything ;) And I totally know what you mean about having to decompress... some nights I dream about IV pumps beeping, patients crashing, and doctors yelling to do this and do that and make it snappy!
Congrats Emily! My hat goes off to all you guys who like the ICU. I know you'll rock it!
Post a Comment