Friday, September 9, 2011

TOU Half



Two weekends ago my amazing friend SARAH came up with her hubby and spent the night. The plan was to run the Top of Utah Half marathon on Saturday morning. Well in a couple of stressed out weeks previously, I had decided it would be better if I just didn't stress over trying to run it. I hadn't fit in my long runs and had only run a handful of times in the entire previous month. Well I should have known that Sarah would have convinced me to still do it. Because "I could always just walk it." Well that didn't happen. I was excited because at the starting line I was able to hook up with one of my cousins, Lindsey Coy, who was also running it. So Sarah, Lindsey and I ran most of it together. Since I have avoided running, especially in the heat, it got a littler warmer than I would have liked. It was an awesome feeling though when we finished. I felt that even with my less than ideal training I wasn't hating life as much as the previous two halfs I have run. This one is nice because it is a downhill course! If I am ever on a normal person- sleep at night- schedule where I could get up and run before it is too hot, I think I would do this race again!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! You are so awesome, I knew you could finish it! :) and I'm so so happy to see my name so many times I might just blog about it. ;) Are we on for next year? haha

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

i'm so jealous you just ran that!!! jealous in that you did it without training...not that you did it ha ha ha i am training for a 5 k ha ha lame ;)