It has been such a mild winter here in Logan. Life is pretty good right now, things have been really hard, but as the words of one of my new running songs says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" , right?. I just got back from being able to run outside in a short sleeve t-shirt and I was thinking of some of the things lately that have made life better.
- Running! After months of finding excuses and feeling worse about myself I am finally back in the groove. Best part is, I have Mike running too! First time he has been consistent since probably high school. I have find ways to beat the treadmill boredom at the gym by watching Biggest Loser while I run, and hopefully I can now get my longer runs done outside in preparation for the Salt Lake Half Marathon with Mike next month!

- My Logan family which includes my bro and sis-in-laws and adorable niece and nephew. They are moving this summer and I am already lonely without them. I have really enjoyed our craft days.

- Michael. I am always amazed that we ended up together. I know there was divine intervention, because there was no way I knew after only 10 weeks of dating that Mike and I would be so perfect for each other. He has been so supportive and helpful to me even when I know I am not nearly so nice to him.

- My job. There really aren't very many nursing jobs in Logan, and to be working on a unit I love is so great. I have learned so much in the 2 years since I became a RN! Work has been crazy lately, but I know it is just helping me learn and grow. I am going to be going to day shifts starting in April and I am so excited to be a normal, non-nocturnal person!
- My bestie Becca. My best friend came up to spend some time with me and it was so fun. It is amazing to look back and think of all the things that have changed since we became best friends in 6th grade. I am in love with her little baby James. He is so cute and it was so fun to be able to play with him and all of his fat baby rolls
Here is our "fort" we made in our dorms at BYU and slept in for probably a month! - Being outside! And the sun! Last Friday I went for a snowshoeing up Green Canyon and it was perfect. The snow was perfect, the weather was perfect! All I needed was a dog to keep me company...

- Last of all, we are going to Thailand! Woot woot! Mike has to complete a travel study for his major so we thought it was a great chance to go back to where he served his mission. We will be gone for 3 weeks and leave May 2! I am so excited. Last time I tried to go out of the country I ended up in the eye of a hurricane in Mexico, so I am hoping things go much better this time!

1 comment:
So good to hear about your wonderful life. Thailand is amazing and I wish I could come with you! Have a blast!
Post a Comment