We decided to hike to the top of Y mountain. Most people just stop at the Y, but it gets so much better after that. We left the parking lot at 8:30 pm and had to pull out the headlamps after we passed the Y. We traveled into Slide Canyon and it got cold. Very cold. I got a backpack last year but this was the first chance I had to use it, so we really didn't want a the cold to stop us. We camped at a meadow and set up tent. I have never been so cold. Mike feel asleep fast, but I could not stop shivering. I realized I was damp from sweat after hiking when the sun was still up. My was able to give me a dry t-shirt to wear which helped me to fall asleep. In this meadow we were camping by snow. So I think it can fallinto the "winter camping" category. 
In the morning after some delicious oatmeal on our awesome stove we headed up to the peak. It was such a great view. The last half hour of the hike was all over snow. That was okay until we had to come back because once the sun came up it became slushy. I ended sliding down the steepest part of the trail. I wish I had brought a sled. What a great adventure. I'm looking forward to future camping adventures!

1 comment:
you guys are so cute together and are always having so much fun!
Post a Comment