Friday, May 29, 2009

Eric Graduates!

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending my younger brothers High School graduation.  I am very proud of him.  He had to really push to finish some make up work, but he did it! My mom now has all of her kids out of high school.  I also was able to see my sister-in-law, Emily, graduate too. She is in the same class as Eric. 
Watching the graduation really made me think about how my life has changed since I graduated 3 years ago.  I don't think I really had a clue about where I would be 3 years after I graduated. 
  • Three years ago I was a CNA (nursing assistant) at a nursing home.  Now I am a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and have one more semester left of nursing school until I get my RN.
  • Three years ago I was caught up in the high school dating scene drama. Now I have been married to the most wonderful husband for 6 months :-)
  • Three years ago I had never lived away from home. Since then I have gone through 10 + roommates, and 5 different apartments. 
  • Three years ago I was preparing to compete at nationals for Parliamentary Procedure for HOSA. Now I couldn't even demonstrate it.
  • Three years ago I had two brothers and two parents. Now I have an additional 4 brothers, 5 sisters, 2 nieces and 3 nephews :-).
I'm excited to see where I'll be in another three years from now. 

1 comment:

Chris and Christina said...

10+ roommates? not to mention that one is a boy..... gross. jk. i can't wait :) gotta love high school graduation! so glad that's over. now 2 more months till we walk!! wahoo!