Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Boy or Girl?

{Preggers}

Well I figured it is about time I posted something about being Pregnant! Mike and I are so excited. I am due February 7, 2012 and am currently 17 1/2 weeks along. 
My pregnancy has gone pretty good so far and I know I can't complain. I thought for sure I would be puking all the time, but instead I have just been nauseated a lot and only throw up on days I have to work. My body has decided it hates getting up at 4 am! (Shocker right?) I am starting to feel less nauseated and food is sounding good again. It is just so crazy to feel nauseated and nothing sounds good, but yet I always start to feel better as soon as I am eating. My dad always jokes about my Mom and I getting Hangry (so hungry we are angry) since being pregnant he has called me "pangry." 
The only other symptom that is not TMI for a public blog is being so-o tired! I thought having worked night shifts a large percentage of my working life, I would be used to being tired due to sleep deprivation. Well this is a another story. I love sleep. I prioritize it above pretty much everything. For example, yesterday I worked. I came home, had dinner with Mike and then he left to go back to school. Well I got in my pjs, and settled down to read a book in bed. Then BAM I am asleep at 8 pm and wake up 12 hours later. I feel like it is almost a crazy super power to be able to consistently sleep 12 hours. 
So between my love of sleep, nausea and crazy intolerance for heat. I have spent way too much of my summer in the only room in my house with an a/c unit in the window. The summer was busy with several reunions and random planned events, but nothing too crazy. I was so lucky Mike found an internship in Logan to complete over the summer. 
Mike has started up school again and I know that the next few months will fly by. I have been thinking about having a baby since I got married and wouldn't have thought it would be 4 years until we got one! But I know that the Lord knows the best timing for us, I am just so excited to have my own baby. Since graduating from school I have had time for "hobbies" again. One of those hobbies has been sewing and quilting. I completed both a boy and girl quilt over the past few years and I have already started to plan a nursery depending on the sex of the baby. Tuesday is the big day! 

Baby Girl?



 Or Baby Boy?



4 comments:

Cam and Linds said...

So SO excited for you Em!!! It'll fly by and February will be here in no time :) Glad you haven't been too sick!! How was all the Thai food and different smells with being pregnant? We went on a cruise when I was 8-9 weeks along and sometimes it was a little rough! Miss you! Love ya,

Linds

Paula said...

Congratulations! It's crazy how tired pregnancy makes us, but don't worry, it goes away eventually...at least until you have the baby. ;)

Harris Family said...

Congratulations friend! Once fall hits and the holidays start happening the rest of the year is going to fly by! I'll be excited to find out if it's s boy or girl too! Both quilts are adorable!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

Those are so cute! wow...talk about talent...can't wait to hear